The 83-year-old Administration Building is currently being renovated.

County Awards NDC Grant for Renovations

The Cuyahoga County Department of Development has awarded Notre Dame College $200,000 for renovations of campus facilities. The grant was announced during the inaugural meeting of the county’s Economic Development Commission on Jan. 25. 

The renovations target five buildings on campus: the Administration Building, the Connelly Center, Harks Hall, Providence Hall and the Clara Fritzsche Library.

Notre Dame recently began renovating its Little Theatre in the Administrating Building to create space for the College’s new Student Success Center. The remainder of the renovations will be completed over the summer.

Costs for this project total $280,000, the vast majority of which is funded by the $200,000 sub-grant from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act U.S. EPA Brownfield program. 

The College’s gothic-style Administration Building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was build in 1928; its west wing was added in 1961. Harks Hall opened its doors in 1955, while Providence Hall and the Connelly Center were built in 1961 and 1968. The Clara Fritzsche Library began housing books in 1971. Most recently, Notre Dame built two state-of-the-art residence halls in 2008 and 2009 to accommodate the College’s record growth.

Notre Dame College is located at 4545 College Road in South Euclid. For further information contact Brian Johnston, chief communications officer, at 216.373.5252 or bjohnston@ndc.edu.