The Biology programs are offered as Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science. Within these programs, students can choose a concentration that meets their interest and career goals. For students choosing the Bachelor of Arts program, a choice of either the general biology or exercise science concentrations can be made. For students choosing the Bachelor of Science Program, a choice can be made between concentrations in comprehensive biology or ecology/environmental science.
The major program objectives for Biology majors are:
- Students will effectively communicate scientific information in both written and oral formats.
- Students will understand the central role evolution has in the field of science.
- Students will have a diverse background in the sciences that will help them to achieve their career goals.
- Students will correlate information learned in their science courses.
- Students will critically evaluate the validity of scientific claims.
BIOLOGY PROGRAM CORE FOR ALL
BIOLOGY MAJOR CONCENTRATIONS
BI 110, 111, 112, 113 General Biology I and II and Labs
BI 270, 271 Cell Biology and Lab
CH 111, 113, 114, 115 College Chemistry I and II and Labs
CH 211, 213, 214, 215 Organic Chemistry I and II and Labs
PS 180, 181, 182, 183 Basic Physics I and II and Labs
PS 200, 201, 202, 203 College Physics I and II and Labs
MA 221 Statistics
BI 481, 482 or 483 Coordinating Seminar (as dictated by concentration)