Applying For Financial Aid

  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Complete this application at www.fafsa.gov. 

    • Be sure to include Notre Dame College’s Federal School Code Number 003085, to ensure that Notre Dame will electronically receive the results of your application.

  • Useful Tools:  

2014–2015 "7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA" online tutorial

IRS Data Retrieval Tool online tutorial

  • Students can log in to My NDC under the Financial Aid tab to check if the FAFSA has been received by the college and if any further documentation is required.

  • Student Aid Report (SAR):  Once you have completed and submitted the FAFSA you will receive an email from the Department of Education with a link to your FAFSA results called a Student Aid Report (SAR). Please read it carefully; should you be asked for additional information, follow through with them. You may contact us if you need assistance.   If you have listed Notre Dame College on your application, an electronic copy will be forwarded to us.

  • Verification:  Some applicants are selected for a federal process called "Verification." If selected, you must transfer your federal tax information electronically to your FAFSA (using the IRS Data Transfer process available to you when completing or correcting your FAFSA) or provide federal tax transcript(s) and additional documents to the Notre Dame College Financial Aid Office.  Check My NDC (under the Financial Aid tab) to see if you are missing verification documents.

  • Financial Aid Award Letter: Your financial aid award letter will be available for you to view on My NDC once your file is complete. The award letter states types and amounts of aid for which you qualify at Notre Dame College.  New students will also receive award letters by mail; returning students will receive an e-mail to their NDC e-mail account when awards are available to view on My NDC.

  • Special Circumstance Form:  If there are special circumstances that may affect your family's ability to pay for college you may complete a Special Circumstance Form. Please be aware that the completion of the form does not ensure a change in your eligibility.