Many private scholarships for college students are offered each year by a variety of corporate, professional, trade, government, civic, religious, social, and fraternal organizations. These scholarships can range in amount from small honorariums to thousands of dollars. To be considered, students must meet the eligibility criteria specified by the donor or sponsor and complete a scholarship application (if required).
Searching for and applying for scholarships is a time-consuming process, so it is a good idea to start as early as possible. Several companies offer computerized scholarship search services, often charging fees of $175 or higher. We do not recommend these services. Thoroughly investigate them before paying any of these types of fees. Read the Scholarship Scam Alert on The FinAid! website and information from the Federal Trade Commission.
There are many free search engines for students to use in searching for possible scholarships. Several are listed below
- College Board's Scholarship Search
- College NET MACH25
- College Toolkit
- FinAid (Financial Aid Information Page): This page has useful scholarship search links and information.
- FinAid Scholarship Links for Specific Courses of Study
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU): HACU offers a scholarship resource guide for Hispanic students.
- Peterson's College Quest
- Sallie Mae's College Answer
- College Now/Greater Cleveland: Scholarship link for students from the Greater Cleveland area.
- LEAF (Lake/Geauga Educational Assistance Foundation): Scholarship link for students from Lake and Geauga Counties.
- Akron Community Foundation scholarships
Listed below are some of the scholarships made available each year by private organizations and companies. We are providing a link to their site when the application process and guidelines are displayed.
DISCLAIMER: The information and external links in this scholarship listing are provided to the Notre Dame College and are reprinted here as a service to our website users. We do not administer these websites or routinely screen, approve, review, or endorse the content, products, or services that may be offered. In no event shall Notre Dame College be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource. Criteria may change (or may have changed) from the date posted, so inquire directly with individual programs. Some external links use social media and use of these websites is subject to privacy rules and policies of those applications and website operators.