Notre Dame College Welcomes Veterans!
Now that you have served our nation, we would like to serve you as you pursue your education. Our staff is here to help you through the admissions process and help you navigate the process of utilizing your GI Bill benefits.
We look forward to having you as part of our campus community. We are committed to supporting you, as we do all of our students, in your educational journey.
For more information from the VA relating to your benefits, please visit http://gibill.va.gov/. If you have specific questions about your personal eligibility, please contact the VA directly.
Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits (Chapter 33)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits can be applied to coursework or training beginning Aug. 1, 2009. Benefits are not retroactive prior to this date.
- Veterans who served a minimum of 90 days active duty after Sept. 10, 2001 (or 30 continuous days and were discharged due to a service connected disability) are eligible.
- Three types of benefits are available to you based on your amount of active duty service:
- Tuition and Fees—This amount is the equivalent to the highest amount of in-state tuition and fees charged for a full-time, undergraduate at a public, four year institution in Ohio. Tuition and fees are paid directly to the College. (The official amount for Ohio will be documented on the http://gibill.va.gov website).
- Monthly Housing Allowance—This amount is based on the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) calculations. The Monthly Housing Allowance is paid directly to the student after enrollment verification.
- Annual Stipend for Books and Supplies—A maximum amount of $1,000 per year based on enrollment during the school year.
- The amount of active duty service determines the maximum percentage of benefit eligibility:
|Active Duty Service after 9/10/01||Percentage of Maximum Benefit Available|
|At least 36 months||100% and eligible for Yellow Ribbon Program|
|At least 30 continuous days and discharged due to a service connected disability||100% and eligible for Yellow Ribbon Program|
|At least 30 months but less than 36 months||90%|
|At least 24 months but less than 30 months||80%|
|At least 18 months but less than 24 months||70%|
|At least 12 months but less than 18 months||60%|
|At least 6 months but less than 12 months||50%|
|At least 90 days but less than 6 months||40%|