Welcome to the Honors Program at Notre Dame College, where you will be a part of a community of students who are as motivated and curious as you are!
- Priority registration - first priority registration for classes so that you can have the classes you want
- Special recognition at graduation as a Honors Scholar and on your transcript each course will be listed as a Honors Course
- Personal Honors College advisors
- Participation in invitation only special events with groups on and off campus
- Total of 21 credits for the Honors Program (One course per semester)
- Employers will value you as a Honors Scholar; you will have competitive edge in the job market
- You can expect to be challenged in classes designed especially for you.
- Classes are small, average class size of 16. You will find it easy to become involved in learning in an interactive-style environment.
- Not only will you become knowledgeable about and acquire skills in a subject, but also you'll be encouraged to learn actively, to think analytically and creatively, and to debate different ideas. Special projects will give you a chance to apply what you've learned.
- Faculty are highly-qualified, hand-selected and focused on undergraduate teaching
Students who have demonstrated superior academic performance during their high school careers or during their first semester at the college are invited to join the Honors Scholar Program.
If you you are interested in learning more, please fill out the inquiry below and we will be happy to contact you!
Difference between high school and college honors
"Being in the Honors Program in college will be more work." Not true. An Honors Program in college is meant to be a student-centered environment in which our faculty encourages you to develop your own ideas, think critically, emphasize diverse perspectives, and have greater interaction in the classroom.
Notre Dame College is a member of the Mideast Honors Association.
Beth A. Ford, Dean of Admissions 216.373.5351 Honorsprogram@ndc.edu