LEARN WHO YOU ARE. . . YOUR VALUES, INTERESTS, AND SKILLS.
When it comes to choosing a major or making a career decision you may feel a bit anxious but hopeful. The first step is knowing that you need to make a choice which is a unique experience for everyone.
So to begin the process, let’s explore:
- What’s important to you – your values
- What interests you – what activities are you drawn to
- What things you do well – your skills and abilities
MyPlan, is a free interactive career exploration tool to help you identify your values, interests and skills. It then identifies occupations that match your profile in the CareerMatch section. You can watch videos for over 500 different careers to get a realistic picture of jobs.
For more career exploration, use O*NET OnLine, a web-based application that allows you to explore the world of work. O*NET provides important occupational information that can help you:
- find occupations to explore and read about educational requirements, job duties, and abilities and pay (both national and state wages)
- search for occupations or careers based on your values, interests and skills
Finally, make an appointment with the Career Services Center staff- we can help interpret all this stuff and help you develop a career action plan.