April 10 - May 23:
Judy Takács paints
retired sisters of Notre Dame
Nine oil paintings of seven Sisters of Notre Dame. Starting with a red and pink palette, Takács captures the character and essence of her subjects with her distinctive and expressive style, incorporating hyperrealism and vibrant color with a studied attention to detail that celebrates each subject’s uniqueness. The idea for the project was suggested by her mother, Notre Dame College professor emeritus and adjunct instructor Dalma Takács, who befriended many of the retired nuns while teaching at the College. An opening reception was held in the library on Thursday, April 10th from 5 to 7 p.m. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
The exhibit may be viewed during library hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sunday 1-10 p.m.
Notre Dame College is located at 4545 College Road in South Euclid. For further information contact Karen Zoller at 216.373.5267 or at email@example.com.
Book-A-Year Club Gallery
Clara Fritzsche Library
The Book-A-Year Club Gallery, established in 1998, serves as an exhibit space for the Clara Fritzsche Library. Gallery exhibitions are booked and promoted by the Library Director. It is the mission of the gallery to:
- Provide a stimulating, intellectual environment for library patrons.
- Promote the college by highlighting its programs and faculty.
- Support the mission of the college.
- Promote Notre Dame College’s Tolerance Resource Center and Eastern Church Resource Center, also housed in the library.
- Increase the visibility of Notre Dame College.
- Reach out to the local community by providing exhibits of interest to the general public and providing exposure to local artists.